José Miguel Guzmán received the highest support in the 1st round of voting, which allows Whitestack into the Open Source MANO Technical Steering Committee. Voting companies included Altran, ATOS, Canonical, Intel, Telefonica and VMWare.
Sophia Antipolis (France), July 10th 2019: During the first round of the election of new members of the Open Source MANO’s Technical Steering Committee (TSC), José Miguel Guzmán (a.k.a. JM), Whitestack’s Senior Solutions Architect, was elected with the highest number of votes to become a member of the committee in charge of deciding the technical strategy of the Open Source MANO Project, and coordinate the project’s technical activities.
Until release SIX, the TSC consisted of Vanessa Little (VMWare), Matt Harper (RIFT.io), Gerardo García de Blas (Telefónica), Mark Shuttleworth (Canonical) and Jatinder Pancar (Intel). According to the OSM rules, release SEVEN triggered a renewal procedure that after today’s vote put Whitestack firmly at the table with the most prestigious companies in the Network Virtualization universe.
Since Whitestack joined the project in 2017, OSM has gained a lot of traction, thanks to several new features added during the last three releases. The current feature set is the result of contributions from Whitestack and other leading organizations, which all believe that the telecom industry needs to leverage the benefits of Cloud computing and SDN.
With respect to release SIX, Whitestack has achieved a number of significant milestones:
- Whitestack’s first production grade OSM distribution was released: WhiteNFV (Alcobendas), has already been lauded as the most suitable solution for deploying OSM in productive networks
- Benjamin Diaz was honored as a “Outstanding Technical Contributor”, and appointed as the Module Design Leader (MDL) for the Service Assurance components.
- Gianpietro Lavado was elected with overwhelming support as the Chair of the recently created VNF Onboarding Task Force (in charge of encouraging VNF vendors to Onboard their VNFs in a standardized ecosystem)
- Whitestack ranked in the highest positions of the code contribution ranking (gitstats), positioning as the top company in terms of functional lines of code.
- Today José Miguel Guzmán was elected a member of the OSM Technical Steering Committee
Whitestack humbly receives all these achievements, and observes with satisfaction that our clear vision and resolute execution regarding Cloud, SDN and NFV are being noticed by the Industry.